I went to golf league last night at the Piers. The good news is that I could see how far good players can hit the ball with an 8 iron and a driver. The bad news is that I wasn't able to do it (last night).
I'm going to try to stay positive. I'm playing the game because I had such a wonderful time the first time I played Flushing Meadows PNP. For my birthday, I'm treating myself to 2 new clubs I found online at Callaway Pre-owned: a Mizuno MX 25 gap and sand wedge (already shortened by an inch). This is to renew my love of the game -- even though the season is almost over. According to the reviews I have, the feel of these clubs is even better that the MP 60s. I have the MP 60s and they're great so I'm looking forward to seeing if they are actually better. I'm also getting Tom Watson's "Lessons from a Lifetime", DVDs, which I've held out on buying until now.
I've also picked up and started to re-read Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible. I have a lot of books that I bought over the last several months that I'd like to, but I think it will be inspirational to re-read it. I'm determined to cut down on my golf spending on equipment next year, and focus simply on practice and play.
No comments:
Post a Comment